Life on the Water Dream Fishing Trip Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Contest may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia; entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in Contest if you are not located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia.
- How to Enter. To enter the Life on the Water Dream Fishing Trip (“Contest”), during the Contest period, log onto https://www.goldeagle.com/life-on-the-water/ (“Site”), read the Official Rules, and complete the entry form in its entirety. Photos will be accepted on the Gold Eagle contest website from June 21st – August 22nd 2018.
Limit: Entries of one (1) photograph are allowed per person / email address. No automated entry devices and/or programs are permitted. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Gold Eagle Co.(“Sponsor”) and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Delivery of prizes requires a street address (no P.O. Boxes). Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Photos size should be at least 1600 pixels x 1200 pixels in order to minimize photo distortion when viewed online. All submitted photos are subject to review by Sponsor for inappropriate or offensive content. Inappropriate pictures, such as nudity or violence, will be immediately disqualified.
Providing a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, for any purpose whatsoever, including for promotional or marketing purposes. For clarity, by providing a Submission, entrant also consents to give Sponsor a license to use entrant’s name, image, and likeness as included in the Submission on the same foregoing terms.
- All photos must be original, meaning you may only enter photographs that you took and for which you own the copyright.
- Photo submissions may be in horizontal or portrait format.
- Photos must be at least 2 MP and at least 1600 pixels x 1200 pixels
- Photos must be submitted in JPEG, GIF, PNG, or TIFF format. Non-digital formats are not accepted.
- Sponsor reserves the right to crop photos.
- Images must not include a border. If an image includes a border, Sponsor reserves the right to crop the border.
- A subtle watermark in the corner of the image is acceptable, but Sponsor reserves the right to crop photos, which may remove a watermark. The watermark should cover no more than 5% of the photo.
- Digitally manipulating photos (i.e. cloning, compositing, etc.) should be kept to a minimum. Your photograph must authentically depict the setting as you saw it when you took the photograph. HDR, panoramic and stitched photos are permitted.
Sponsor reserves the right to make minor alterations to photo titles and descriptions for the purpose of correcting grammatical and spelling mistakes, etc.
- Start & End Dates. Contest begins at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 21, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on August 31, 2018 (“Contest Period”).
- Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old as of date of entry. Void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Gold Eagle Co. (“Sponsor”), subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Contest materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. Contest may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Winner must have a valid passport and Manitoba fishing licenses. Fishing license must be purchased prior to arriving at the lodge and is available online at http://saskatchewanlicences.active.com
- Contest Drawing/Odds. Four (4) finalists will be picked by Sponsor based on submitted picture of Life on the Water, Grand Prize winner will then be selected based on most votes from the image that was submitted. By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive: An all-inclusive fishing trip to Wollaston Lake Lodge in Saskatchewan Canada. Valued at $9,000.
- Trip is scheduled from May 30th – June 4th 2019;
- One (1) roundtrip coach airfare for winner from the gateway airport nearest to winner’s residence to Winnipeg, MB;
- A round trip chartered flight will be scheduled from Winnipeg, MB directly to Wollaston Lake Lodge.
- Lodging in Winnipeg, MB: One (1) night of hotel accommodations in Winnipeg, MB on northbound journey. Shuttle service between hotel & airport in Winnipeg.
- Lodging in Saskatchewan, Canada: Four (4) night cabin accommodations on Wollaston Lake Lodge property.
- Other all-inclusive accommodations: Each day there will be a Wollaston Breakfast, shore lunch with 6 complimentary boat drinks daily Complimentary wine with dinner service.
- A $50 stipend will be applied towards Saskatchewan fishing license.
Tax Gross-Up Payment: In addition to the Grand Prize awarded to the winner, the winner will also receive a cash payment in the form of a corporate check which is intended to assist with any federal, state, or other tax obligations related to the Grand Prize (the “Tax Gross-Up Payment”). The amount of Tax Gross-Up Payment will be computed based upon the actual retail value of the Grand Prize utilizing a combined tax rate for all federal, state, and other tax obligations related to such prize at 28%. The Tax Gross-Up Payment is intended to assist with any federal, state, or other tax obligations related to the applicable prize. The Tax Gross-Up Payment may not be sufficient to cover the winner’s actual tax liability related to winning the applicable prize, and the winner will be solely responsible for all tax obligations associated with the applicable prizes. The Tax Gross-Up Payment will be paid to the winner within 30-days after the conclusion of the fishing trip, following the reconciliation of the actual retail value of the Grand Prize. Sponsor will comply with all tax reporting requirements, including a Form 1099-MISC issued to the winner for the calendar year 2018.
Award of Grand Prize is contingent on winner being able to attend the fishing trip during the time of May 30th 2019 – June 4th 2019. If winner cannot attend the fishing trip, Grand Prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected, time permitting. Actual value of Grand Prize may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Exact flight details, dates, times and terms to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight and Sponsor will not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any trip-related services or accommodations. Sponsor is not liable for any missed prize events, opportunities or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Contest, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description herein, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates.
Prize is non-transferable. Expressly as otherwise agreed or authorized by Sponsor, no cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Limit one prize per person or household. Prize is awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
Other Prize is non-transferable. Expressly as otherwise agreed or authorized by Sponsor, no cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Limit one prize per person or household. Prize is awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
- Notification. Winners will be notified by e-mail and will be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within five (5) days of prize notification. If winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if winners rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
- Conditions. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner(s). Participation in Contest and acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and winner(s) agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, partners and promotion and advertising agencies and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, the “Released Entities”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if the prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. There is no purchase or sales presentation required to participate. A purchase does not increase odds of winning.
- Additional Terms. In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. The Released Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select the winner(s) from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE AND/OR PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- Disputes; Governing Law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of Illinois.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Contest, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the City of Chicago in the State of Illinois. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
- Winner’s Name. To obtain the name of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by September 15th, 2018 to: Gold Eagle Company, 4400 S. Kildare Ave., Chicago, IL 60632.
- Sponsor. Gold Eagle Company, 4400 S. Kildare Ave., Chicago, IL 60632