JOB TITLE: Video Production Specialist
REPORTS TO: Content Strategist Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Under general direction, plans and facilitates studio and field-based video production, including the planning, filming, editing, sound mixing, graphic design and compression output of a wide range of products, and performs other related duties as assigned.
JOB DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- Works in collaboration with brand and digital managers and GE staff to produce a variety of video products for broadcasting, compression output, webcasting, and video streaming.
- Plans and coordinates assigned studio productions; oversees operation of small multi-camera studio.
- Works with clients to prepare “B-roll” footage for inclusion in live productions.
- Provides limited troubleshooting of video, audio and lighting equipment.
- Performs routine equipment maintenance.
- Makes recommendations to department for software and equipment purchases.
- In cooperation with other staff, coordinates pre-production and production planning activities.
- Conducts field-based video production which involves interacting with customers/consumers and operating all portable video and audio equipment.
- Transports and sets up lighting and audio equipment as required.
- Provides limited troubleshooting and maintenance of field production equipment.
- Plans and performs video post-production tasks which includes reviewing footage, making editorial decisions, tape logging, rough cuts, audio adjustment, color correction, and final editing using Final Cut Pro software .
- Utilizes computer graphics and special effects for video post-production in accordance with the overall production concepts.
- Compresses video projects for output; makes video products available in a variety of formats including streaming media files
- Coordinates internal and external duplication services as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications or Related Field
- 2+ Years’ experience in video production
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- An understanding of social media and communication via video on social
- The ability to help with scripts and adlib during video shoots
- Demonstrate knowledge and use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and e-mail systems.
- Ability to work with Minimal Supervision utilizing a take-charge attitude.
- Ability to work in a Multi-Task Environment.
- The ability to prioritize projects based on importance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work well in a TEAM Atmosphere.
- Strong Organizational and Time Management Skills.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Open to change and/or welcomes change in the workplace. Able to adapt to the changes in a fast-past environment without being negatively impacted.
- Communication – Effectively and efficiently communicates information and ideas through written, oral, or electronic mediums.
- Detail Oriented – Thoroughly reviews details in completing work tasks.
- Independence – Develops one’s own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Initiative – Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges by setting goals and continually improving their skill sets.
- Interpersonal Skills/Team Player – Works as a competent member of the team, willingly providing back-up support for co-workers when appropriate and actively supporting group goals.
- Problem Solving – Demonstrates the ability to foresee problems and prevents them by taking action.
- Work Prioritization – Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- The ability to produce 20 -25 Tasty Style Videos a month
- The ability to produce 2-3 epic (2-3 min) style videos a month
- The ability to keep up with latest trends in the video digital area